Welcome!

Welcome to SouthwestTrakers blog. We are dedicated to sharing N-Scale model railroading through the use of T-Trak modules. We are in Lubbock, Texas, USA and currently number 7 modelers, well over 50 presentable modules, with over 24 modules cut out and in some stage of becoming presentable.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting ready for the Lubbock Arts Festival show

Here it is the night before setup and I (and I suspect the rest of the fellows) am frantically trying to get everything ready.  The new module, the Wye, has scenery glue drying.  Sure hope it holds the bushes I glued down a while ago.  Here's a diagram of what we hope to be able to set up, using the Wye module for the first time


Printing up business cards while I write this.  We hope to attract new members and possibly new modelers as well.


I've got my tool box loaded.  I'll find out in about 12 hours what I forgot.  The level, wrench and cordless driver ar ethe essentials for setup, and I have those for sure.


I have two new engines that just arrived yesterday.  Bachmann Spectrums, both of them.  One 40-ton switcher and one 70-ton switcher.  Both are DCC equipped, so I can wait to get them broken in, even if it is under DC power.


Joe and I are SO CLOSE to getting our new Digitrax equipment ready to go.  The power supplies are on backorder, and we are using that as our excuse. The Wye module is actually an integral part of our DCC plans.  Joe has mounted a Digitrax Panel into an electrical box and mounted it on top of 7 feet of PVC which will extend up through a hole in the middle of the Wye.  This will be the receiving station for our radion controlled DCC.


I'll post a picture in the next day or two of it in action.


We (Darrell, Joe and Myself) are going to meet for breakfast bright and early in the morning, and then head to the Civic Center for setup.  


That's all for tonight. 

No comments: