Welcome!

Welcome to SouthwestTrakers blog. We are dedicated to sharing N-Scale model railroading through the use of T-Trak modules. We are in Lubbock, Texas, USA and currently number 7 modelers, well over 50 presentable modules, with over 24 modules cut out and in some stage of becoming presentable.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Home Layout Becomes two levels

The upper level for my home T-Trak layout is becoming a reality.  Over last few days, I have cleaned off the existing shelf, removed the lighting and facia, removed the wire shelving, lowered the brackets 6 inches and mounted the plywood.  Below are some progress photos.

Facia, lights and wire shelves have been removed.
The sky boards are just laying forward protecting the modules beneath them.
I had to purchase a couple more shelf standards in order to lower the brackets.
In order to mount the plywood securely to the shop walls, I mounted 2 x 2 's
to the wall, using the level to make sure they were at the same height as the
shelf brackets.  I then screwed the plywood down to the 2 x 2 's from the top.
After both pieces were secured to the wall, I added a plywood splice to
reinforce and level the joint.  After clamping in place, I used eight 2" flat head
screws to make an absolutely solid joint.
The result is two 16-foot shelves.  I still have to add facia and lighting and sky boards.  Stay tuned for a future blog post.  These photos show the final result of tonight's work.




Next up, facia and lighting.